“Tempeh is made from fermented soya beans and is rich in prebiotic fibre that can benefit the gut bacteria. Tempeh has been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects, may improve cognition and support digestive health.” Dietitian Dr Sarah Schenker
Gluten free, dairy free.
- 2 people
- 100 g tempeh, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 large handfuls mixed salad leaves
- 1 small handful young coriander leaves, whole
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 small mango, cubed
- 1 small avocado, cubed
- 5 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp lemongrass paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp 1 tsp fish sauce
- - Juice of half a lime
- - Handful of coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan and add the tempeh cubes. Fry for 5 minutes, turning occasionally to ensure the cubes are golden on all sides. Season well with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Arrange the salad ingredients in a large bowl and add the tempeh.
Place the chilli sauce in a bowl with the lemongrass, garlic, fish sauce and lime and whisk together to make a dressing.
Drizzle over the dressing and sprinkle with the coriander leaves and the toasted sesame seeds.