‘This lovely dish provides a good balance of protein and carbohydrate to help your body recover quickly from an intense workout. There is also plenty of fibre to keep your gut bacteria happy.’ - (Dr Sarah Schenker, dietitian)
- 2 people
- 100 g couscous
- 200 ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds
- 100 g tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 100 g pomegranate seeds
- ½ yellow pepper, deseeded and diced
- ½ apple, peeled and grated
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 black olives, pitted and halved
- 30 g feta cheese, diced
- Handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Put the couscous into a bowl and pour over the hot stock. Cover with cling film and then leave for 5 minutes until the couscous has swelled and absorbed all of the stock. Fluff up with a fork to separate the grains.
Put the flaked almonds in a dry frying pan and toast over a medium-high heat until golden brown. Tip out and allow to cool.
Add all the remaining ingredients, except the parsley, to the couscous and toss gently together. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper. Serve with the chopped parsley scattered over the top.